COVID Safety Plan Update 26th October 2020
Here is a reminder of our current BCWR COVID 19 SAFETY PLAN.
This plan is under constant review to provide the most stringent safety measures and to keep inline with the government’s latest advice.
Here at BCWR we are following the Government’s requirements both as individuals and as an organisation.After much thought we have now found our “New Normal” which has enabled to be open for adoptions and admissions.…. Although our adoption process looks vastly different to how it has ever looked before. We have had to greatly modify our measures and put together a conditional plan and we are flexible in our response. This means that there is a whole new set of procedures and protocols in place which must be adhered to by both volunteers and adopters- failure to do so will result in adoptions being halted and you will be asked to leave the premises.
Our conditional plan has been structured in a way that protects the public, protects the volunteers and also protects the welfare of the cats in our care and those going to their new homes- which in turn will SAVE LIVES.
To enable our plan to work safely and effectively there are 3 factors that we are constantly reviewing and ensure are in place prior to adoptions.
– Availability of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for volunteers and visitors
– Availability of volunteers who are not self-isolating or shielding from the virus
– Our vets must be offering a less limited service to clients and services must include NEUTERING and VACCINATIONS (this is governed by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons NOT individual vets)
Now these 3 factors have been achieved, will we consider allowing adoptions to take place, however, this is flexible and we may halt or change our adoption structure at any time.
The NEW approach to adoptions @BCWR
A volunteer will contact you to arrange a Telephone Assessment at a mutually convenient time. Please be aware that we are working under immense pressure and we will try to contact you within 5 – 7 days.
You will be asked several questions including personal information, a pre-adoption assessment and permission to save all sensitive data.
– A volunteer will process all the information including the current Covid-19 data in your geographical area….(For example, if Harrogate has a spike in infections we will not be able to continue with your adoption process at that time)
– If successful at this stage, you will be invited to visit the rescue to meet the available cats and kittens as a suitable match becomes available.Please note the following
-ALL VOLUNTEERS AND VISITORS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH PPE AT THE GATE THAT MUST BE WORN THROUGHOUT YOUR VISIT.
– ALL VOLUNTEERS AND VISITORS TEMPERATURES WILL BE TAKEN BY A MEDICALLY TRAINED VOLUNTEER WITH AN INFRARED THERMOMETER.
– WE WILL BE REQUIRED TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY AND PROOF OF ADDRESS. PHOTO ID SUCH AS A DRIVING LICENCE WILL BE REQUESTED.
-IDEALLY, WE WOULD ONLY ASK THAT ONE ADULT VISITS THE RESCUE. IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WE MAY ALLOW TWO ADULTS TO VISIT.
– NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE ALLOWED TO VISIT.
– ALL ADOPTERS MUST BE PREPARED TO ADOPT AT THAT TIME AS THERE WILL BE NO OPPORTUNITY TO POP TO THE SHOPS AND COME BACK
– THIS MEANS YOU MUST BRING A CAT CARRIER WITH YOU.- WHEREVER POSSIBLE THERE WILL BE NO CASH HANDLING
– WE ARE LOOKING INTO A CARD MACHINE HOWEVER IN THE MEANTIME WE ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO PAY THEIR ADOPTION DONATION BY EITHER PAYPAL OR BANK TRANSFER.
– ALL PAPERWORK WILL BE EMAILED TO ADOPTERS ALONG WITH THE INFORMATION PACK.
Whilst the adoption process does look very different, we are striving to prepare successfully, prepare diligently and deliver a COVID Secure Standard, Stay Alert, Control the Virus and do what we are good at, which is SAVE LIVES.
We are proud of our team and that we are in a position to be able to start rehoming now all our Safety Measures are in place. Watch this space and thank you for your understanding at this exceedingly difficult time.