It is now a legal requirement for all cats over the age of 20 weeks to be microchipped, and for the details to be kept up-to-date.
All cat owners have until 10th June 2024 to ensure your cat is chipped or you could face a fine of up to £500. This legislation is very much welcomed as we hope it will make it easier to reunite lost cats with their families.
To register your cat for microchipping at BCWR please complete the below for fully. One of our volunteers will in touch to schedule your microchipping session at the rescue.
- Please ensure you are wearing a face mask / covering when coming to the rescue in line with our Infection Control, Health & Safety and Safeguarding Protocols
- If you or a member of your household have COVID-19 or symptoms of COVID-19 please do not come to the rescue
- All microchipping must be arranged in advance using the form below
- Payment will be made by card on the day at a cost of £10
- You will be asked to wait outside while we microchip your cat
- You must ensure all cats are in a suitable and safe cat carrier
Please be aware that all microchipping must take place at the rescue, we are unable to offer mobile-microchipping services at this time.