Our purrfect foster scheme for the older community
This is a scheme where an older person becomes a fosterer and a cat is carefully matched to their needs and abilities.
Cats can have such therapeutic values for the older community but a lot of the time people think about all the factors that could stop them from wanting to own a cat such as:
- I may become too ill or infirm.
- What will happen when I can no longer care for the cat?
- What if I need some extra support?
Through Purrfect Companions BCWR will:
- Pay any vet care costs if required
- Transport the cat to the vet
- Will take the cat back into the rescue when the senior partner can no longer care for the cat
- Offer regular support via telephone and visits
- Offer a link volunteer who will be assigned to ensure that everything is the way it should
If you think you know someone who may be interested in, or may benefit from, feline companionship through this scheme, please contact us.
Some of our Purrfect Matches: