Wash, Wear, Wait (Safety, It’s in Your Hands)
Here at BCWR we are following the Government’s requirements both as individuals and as an organisation.
We are acutely aware that this deadly virus is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
We have suffered immeasurably both financially and in volunteer capacity in order to minimise the risks and keep everyone safe and well yet throughout we have managed to rescue and look after the most vulnerable cats in need of rescue.
Our policies surrounding maintaining COVID Security are constantly under review. We have had to greatly modify our measures and put together a conditional plan and we are flexible in our response. This means that there is a whole new set of procedures and protocols in place which must be adhered to by both volunteers and adopters – failure to do so will result in adoptions being halted and you will be asked to leave the premises.
Our conditional plan has been structured in a way that protects the public, protects the volunteers and also protects the welfare of the cats in our care and those going to their new homes – which in turn will SAVE LIVES.
To enable our plan to work safely and effectively there are 3 factors that we are constantly reviewing and ensure are in place prior to adoptions.
- Availability of PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for volunteers and visitors.
- Availability of volunteers who are not self-isolating or shielding from the virus.
- Our vets must be offering a less limited service to clients and services must include NEUTERING and VACCINATIONS (this is governed by the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons NOT individual vets.
Please note the following:
-ALL VOLUNTEERS AND VISITORS WILL BE PROVIDED WITH PPE AT THE GATE THAT MUST BE WORN THROUGHOUT YOUR VISIT.
– ALL VOLUNTEERS AND VISITORS TEMPERATURES WILL BE TAKEN BY A MEDICALLY TRAINED VOLUNTEER WITH AN INFRARED THERMOMETER.
– WE WILL BE REQUIRED TO VERIFY YOUR IDENTITY AND PROOF OF ADDRESS. PHOTO ID SUCH AS A DRIVING LICENCE WILL BE REQUESTED.
-IDEALLY, WE WOULD ONLY ASK THAT ONE ADULT VISITS THE RESCUE. IN EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES WE MAY ALLOW TWO ADULTS TO VISIT.
– NO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 ARE ALLOWED TO VISIT.
– ALL ADOPTERS MUST BE PREPARED TO ADOPT AT THAT TIME AS THERE WILL BE NO OPPORTUNITY TO POP TO THE SHOPS AND COME BACK. THIS MEANS YOU MUST BRING A CAT CARRIER WITH YOU.
– WHEREVER POSSIBLE THERE WILL BE NO CASH HANDLING- WE HAVE A CARD MACHINE AND ACCEPT ADOPTION DONATION BY EITHER PAYPAL OR BANK TRANSFER.
– ALL PAPERWORK WILL BE EMAILED TO ADOPTERS ALONG WITH THE INFORMATION PACK.
Whilst the adoption process does look very different, we are striving to prepare successfully, prepare diligently and deliver a COVID Secure Standard, Stay Alert, Control the Virus and do what we are good at, which is SAVE LIVES.
Watch this space and thank you for your understanding at this exceedingly difficult time.